The Amazon Private Brand team (AmazonBasics) is looking for driven individuals to help execute Amazon’s global sourcing program.
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for executing and improving the best practices in Global Sourcing. The interaction touches almost every aspect of Amazon worldwide, including retail, operations, legal, product compliance, transportation, tax, treasury, accounting, graphic design, customer service, public relations etc.
The Sourcing Manager role requires someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. The talented individual will be able to manage the global sourcing process from A to Z including product planning, vendor / item set-
up and maintenance, pricing, packaging, assortments and vendor relations. The ability to work in a demanding but collegial, team oriented environment is a must, and management experience is required.
This role may include international travel.
1. Self-motivated and results driven.
2. Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
3. Knowledge of Amazon’s retail tools is a plus.
4. Attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
5. Experience in negotiations, pricing, lean supply chain management, international logistics, product compliance, product development, branding, packaging, importing are a plus.
6. Experience in managing external third parties
7. Be an expert with respect to product management (Home Textiles) with a focus on quality and performance.
8. Understand manufacturing and quality assurance processes.