Established in September 2009, Alibaba Cloud, the technology arm of Alibaba Group one of the world’s largest internet companies, provides a highly reliable, scalable, and cost-effective infrastructure platform in the cloud combined with comprehensive big data and AI capabilities that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world.
The ultimate benefit of Alibaba Cloud is the ability to leverage a new business model and turn CAPEX into OPEX. Businesses no longer need to plan and procure servers and other IT resources weeks or months in advance and can take advantage of Alibaba Cloud’s expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost.
Alibaba Cloud international is to expand Alibaba cloud services market out of China. Currently data centers are expanded into continents including America, APAC, Mideast and Europe.
The team's mission is to establish data center footprints in major markets to construct a global resource network for Alibaba Cloud, then recruit customers globally.
1. Responsible for significant, Institute-wide, international projects, typically with large budgets and sizeable staff, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders etc.
2. Spends majority of time on project management responsibilities.
3, May leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect many users.
4. Continuously improve project management toolkits and methodologies used within IS&T. Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
5. Manage project budget and resource allocation.
6. Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
8. Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and / or termination during the project or projects.
9. Be responsible for Alibaba Cloud solution design, business development, and transition of projects from presales to delivery, and sales support.
1. 7+ or more years of IT service project management experience, Cloud computing project experience is a plus. Government related IT services or product delivery projects experience is a plus.
2. Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers.
3. Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector. Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
4. Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
5. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
6. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools
7. PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Chinese and English.
9. Better has working experience in foreign countries.
10. Strong customer focus.
11. Be able to demonstrate their experience of working effectively under pressure, across multiple cultures and complex environments.
12. Fluent in English